The PSAI Basic Underwater Navigation Specialty course is designed to train divers in the fundamental of underwater navigation and the techniques for successful underwater navigation of various line and reciprocal courses.
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES:
• Introduction to Underwater Navigation.
• The Value of Learning to Navigate Underwater.
• Components of the Dive Compass.
• Sighting on and Object and Finding the Azimuth.
• Following a Given Azimuth.
• Methods of Mounting and Holding an Underwater Compass.
• Tips to Precise Navigation.
• Navigation Using Natural Features.
• Calculating the Distance and Swim Speed Underwater.
• The Fundamentals of Line and Reciprocal Courses.
• Using Natural Navigation to Aid in Reciprocal Navigation.
• The PSAI Safety Guidelines for Underwater Navigation.
• The Out and Back Line and Reciprocal Course.
• The “L” or “Dogleg” and Reciprocal Course.
• The “T” and Reciprocal Course.
• The “U” and Reciprocal Course.
One doesn’t enter the ranks of what would be honestly termed an “Advanced Diver” unless they have the knowledge of how to navigate underwater and can successfully apply it when diving. Like any skill, underwater navigation must be practiced in order to maintain or improve the level at which you can execute it. Due to the benefits, a properly trained underwater navigator will integrate these skills into every dive. The PSAI Basic Underwater Navigation Course will give you a solid foundation to better find your way around underwater.